Library Instruction Request Form
for Reading and Composition classes
The Library provides the following options for teaching research skills to students:
- Customized Course Guides - Online course guides tailored to your assignment and your students' research needs.
- Course Guide and In-Class Visit - An instruction librarian will create a customized course guide and will drop by your class for 10-15 minutes to introduce the course guide and other options for research assistance.
- Course Guide and Library Workshop - An instruction librarian will create a customized course guide and will lead a hands-on workshop in a library classroom for your class.
Generally, instruction support has the greatest impact when scheduled near the date your students' research assignment
is due, and after students have already chosen their topics.
Please submit your request three weeks in advance of the date of your preferred class visit. What happens next?
Please print or save for your records the confirmation message displayed after you submit the form ("WebMonitor - Email Sent") and note the date and time.
What Happens Next:
Confirming your request
Expect to receive confirmation of your request within 3-4 business days. You will be given the name of your course's librarian instructor and, if requested, the date and time of the in-class visit or library workshop. The instructor will follow up with you shortly to discuss additional details.
Enhancing student learning through customized instruction
So we can customize your guide and visit, please be prepared to send the following materials to the librarian instructor when he/she contacts you:
- a copy of the research assignment, and
- a list of students' topics (if possible)
Additional Research-Related Resources
Contact Corliss Lee via email at
or at 510-768-7899.
Copyright © 2014
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Last updated 01/14. Server manager: contact