UC BERKELEY LIBRARY    |    HOME    |    SEARCH
 
  
  

History Room
Table of Contents

     

UC Berkeley Library
History Room

From Bacon Library to the Gardner Stacks

Bacon Library 1894

The library stacks in the Bacon Art and Library Building, c. 1894. Library collections numbered 80,000 volumes, and the campus had 815 students and 60 faculty members.

Gardner Stacks

The David P. Gardner Stacks, underground between Doe and Moffitt Libraries, opened in 1994. Library collections numbered nearly 8 million volumes, with campus enrollment at 30,000, and 1,420 faculty members.


[top] [prev] [next]

HELP / FAQ    |    CATALOGS    |    COMMENTS    |    HOME
Copyright © 2006 by the Library, University of California, Berkeley. All rights reserved.
Document maintained on server: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/ by the Library Development Office
Server manager: contact