Find Data and GIS Services
The Doe Library Data Lab offers support to data users across all disciplines. Services include:
- Research assistance in locating, recommending, and acquiring numeric data.
- Statistical software support for such packages as R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, and Python.
- Instructional support for courses with a data analysis component.
The Lab provides workstations and laptops loaded with commonly used data analysis software and has ample space for individual and group work. Access is restricted to current UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty.
The Earth Sciences & Map Library supports geographic information system (GIS) software and data services across all disciplines for the UC Berkeley campus. The library collects GIS data for areas around the world, with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area and northern California.
- GeoData@UC Berkeley - The UC Berkeley Libraries' geoportal where users can search, preview, display, map, and download geospatial data in a variety of formats including shapefiles, KML, and raster data formats. GeoData@UC Berkeley is part of the OpenGeoportal project.
- DataUp - An open source tool helping researchers document, manage, and archive their tabular data, DataUp operates within the scientist's workflow and integrates with Microsoft® Excel.
- DMPTool - An online tool for building data management plans with step-by-step instructions and guidance for meeting specific funding agency requirements.
- EZID - A service that makes it simple to obtain and manage long-term identifiers (i.e., DOIs and ARKs) for digital content. Berkeley researchers can request a free account by contacting email@example.com.
- The Science Librariesí guide to data management and sharing.
Other Campus Services
Copyright © 2013
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Last updated 06/24/13. Server manager: