Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts)
Dates: 1861 - present
Coverage: Indexes graduate dissertations from over 1,000 North American, and selected European, graduate schools and universities. Dissertations published since 1980, and master's theses since 1988, include brief abstracts written by the authors. Offers full text of most of the dissertations added since 1997.
Search by: thesis advisor, topic or title term, author, and other fields.
UC Berkeley Dissertations
To search for UC dissertations, go to Dissertations and Theses @ University of California (available in full text).
To locate dissertations from a specific UC Berkeley department, search OskiCat for the keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
Example: berkeley dissertations molecular and cell biology
Birds of North America Online
Provides detailed scientific information for each of the 716 species of birds nesting in the USA and Canada.
A collection of handbooks in the environmental sciences.
Grzimek's Animal Life Encylopedia
2nd edition of the original Grzimek's encyclopedia of animal life published in Germany in 1960.
Interlibrary Loan Services
For UC Berkeley faculty, students and staff
- BAKER: fee-based document and book delivery service for UCB faculty, staff, graduate students, and UCOP staff.
- Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP): Directly borrow materials from Stanford and UT Austin. Check RLCP website for eligibility.
- Copyright information: UC Berkeley, UC system-wide
For non-UC Berkeley users and institutions
- Interlibrary lending of original material: provides access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutional borrowers in the United States and Canada.
- Photoduplication services: provides access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutions and the general public.
- Special Library Access document delivery services: provides access to the resources of the UC Berkeley Libraries for libraries, information centers, corporations, and other organizations on a subscriber basis.
Baker Document Delivery
Baker is a fee based Document Delivery Service for UCB faculty, staff, graduate students, and UCOP staff with current UCB library cards. To use Baker you must have a Baker account (see below).
Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP)
The Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP) is a reciprocal agreement among the libraries at University of California at Berkeley, Stanford University, and the University of Texas at Austin.
The program makes the library esources of these three institutions available to faculty, currently registered graduate students, and academic staff, allowing them to request and receive material quickly and efficiently through unmediated requests, interlibrary loan, or on-site visits.Visiting scholars and undergraduates are not eligible for RLCP.
Find Books & eBooks
E-books in collections marked * are also available through OskiCat and Melvyl.
You can limit your search in OskiCat to "Available online," and in Melvyl to "Online resources."
- The Bioscience and Natural Resources LIbrary ebooks list.
- Chinamaxx Digital Library (humanities and social sciences books in Chinese)
- CRCnetBASE * (sciences)
- Knovel, (science and interdisciplinary)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (political science, religion, philosophy, physics)
- Safari Tech Books Online * (computers)
- Springer Electronic Book Package * (Melvyl only; sciences and social sciences)
- Complete list...