OskiCat - UC Berkeley Library catalog
Use DOWNLOAD or (Online Search)
1. FIRST; edit your ENDNOTE Connection Manager -save as a favorite, U Calif-Berkeley
2. Under tools - Online Search - enter - 'dark energy'
3. Save results to your library.
OR EXPORT: (records from OskiCat to EndNnote)
1. Open: OskiCat
2. Search: keyword = “supersymmetry”.
3. Save selected records, click on “View Saved”
4. Click Export Saved.
5. Click on ‘Format of List’ Endnote/Refworks.
5. Send List to: Local Disk. (must be a .txt file).
Open EndNote & Your Library.
- File > Import: File. Browse to the .txt file that you saved.
- Import Option - select the Innopac filter or if available -= U of California, Berkeley filter.
- Click the Import Button.
- View imported records.
MELVYL - UC Catalog
DOWNLOAD SINGLE Reference one record at a time
1. Search for keywords: light beams
2. Click on the Title LINK to display full record.
3. Click on Cite/Export to Endnote link.
IMPORT MULTIPLE References:
** VERY IMPORTANT: You MUST Sign in to your account or create one.
Search keywords: exoplanets
Select citations to export.
Click Save to: select [New List] or an existing list.
Click your user name (top right corner of page). Click the title of the list you just created.
Click the Citations View tab.
Make sure all your citations are selected (this is the default).
In Export selected references drop down menu, select Endnote or RefWorks.
Each text file will import records from only one database or catalog. Name your file.
ONLINE SEARCH from Endnote to Melvyl (and other files). Direct connections can be problematic.
You may have to update your files and some may not work at all. Disable your firewall & allow pop-ups.
Create new libraries and groups
Endnote allows you to save citations, pdfs, links, images, and other document resources. You can download automatically, import and enter references into your own libraries.
The following exercises will get you familiar with using endnote.
Step 1: Open your endnote program (for downloading a trial or purchasing)
• To Create a new library....or group
• Under File - select New
• Name & SAVE your new library. Make sure the Save in: box shows the EndNote folder