Directorate of Mathematical and Physical Sciences / Division of Astronomical Sciences (AST) / Advice to PIs on Data Management Plans
• Data Conservancy Organization - (NSF) collect, organize, & preserve data. Will work with arXiv
• Many Eyes: data visualization tools from IBM.
• Data Management & Publishinbg Checklist, MIT
• NSF Division of Institution & Award Support
US Naval Observatory (USNO) - Oceanography Portal: includes a range of astronomical data and products, & serves as the official source of time for the U.S. Department of Defense & a standard of time for the entire United States.
Data Management Basics
Collaboration, accessibility and transparency are necessary for data management in modern science. Science.gov, NSF, NIH and other federal agencies mandate data plans with grant proposals.
Start with this list:
---- Make a plan to store your data
---- Find the right medium to store your data
---- Develop a system to organize your data
---- Make sure that your data has easy access
---- Make sure that your data is safe and secure.
Use the following links for UC Berkeley, University of California, links to federal sites, copyright and....
University of California Resources
1. UC3, University of California Curation Center - UC/California Digital Library
2. EZID: create a persistant DOI or ARK. ~long term, unique identifiers. (UC/CDL). Berkeley researchers can request a free account by contacting email@example.com.
3. DMPTool: Manage Your Data - develop a Data Management Plan, see Funder Requirements (CDL)
4. Scientific Data Services -- Science Libraries @ UC Berkeley - guide to our services.
5. UC Berkeley Data Services Management, IST.