Refworks: Other sources
Ebrary is a collection of more than 77,000 complete e-books, covering 16 key subject areas including business and economics, computers and IT, literature and linguistics, history, political science, and more.
Importing single references from ebrary
In ebrary: From the search results screen in ebrary, click on the RefWorks button . Or, from QuickView or the ebrary Reader: Select InfoTools, then select RefWorks.
In RefWorks: RefWorks will open in a new browser window or tab. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in before continuing. Once you are logged in, your reference will be imported automatically.
Importing multiple references from ebrary
- Sign in to ebrary.
- Add the references you want to export to your ebrary bookshelf.
- You can do this from Quick View (click ) or from the ebrary Reader (select InfoTools, then select Add to My Bookshelf).
- Select the Bookshelf tab. Create a folder for the references you have saved to your bookshelf, or put them in an existing folder. You must put your references in a folder in order to export them to RefWorks.
- Click on the folder name to view its contents. Select Export entire document to RefWorks.
In RefWorks: RefWorks will open in a new browser window or tab. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in before continuing. Once you are logged in, your references will be imported automatically.
Configuring ebrary to show RefWorks buttons
You may need to configure ebrary to show RefWorks buttons. When you use ebrary on a different computer, or with another browser on the same computer, you will need to repeat this process.
- Click My Settings, located beside the Sign In link in the top right corner of the main ebrary screen. (Note: You do not need to be signed in to change My Settings.)
- Scroll down to Managing Bibliographic Information and click the Show RefWorks buttons check box.
Refworks: Oxford Bibliographies
NOTE: If you have Zotero installed, but don't want to use it, you need to go into preferences and turn off "Use Zotero to download RIS/Refer Files."
- Conduct your search and select Save Citation to add article to My OBO list (must create an account first). NOTE: You have to save them one by one, can't batch them.
- From My OBO, mark the article(s) you want to export and select Export Citations.
- A new screen will open. Select Reference Manager (not RefWorks!).
- Save file as (.ris) file
- Close, don't open yet!
- Log in to RefWorks. Select References/Import from the toolbar.
- Select RIS Format as the data source (you may have to SCROLL DOWN the list to find it!) Select Reference Manager as the database and Browse to find the file you saved to your computer. Click Import.
- Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.
Thanks to the University of Waterloo Library for these instructions!