Connecting from Off Campus?
You can access UCB Library resources from off campus or via your laptop or other mobile device using one of two simple methods. (NOTE: Using EndNote? Use VPN, not the Proxy Server)
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID or Library PIN when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser.
Google Scholar and UC e-links
- Set up your proxy server access by following the directions at http://proxy.lib.berkeley.edu/. When you get to a point where you are accessing resources that the Library pays for, you will be prompted for your CalNet ID and password.
- Change your “Scholar Preferences.” Access these by clicking on the link next to the search box.
- In search box next to "Library Links," type in University of California Berkeley and click on “Find Library”
- Check box next to "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks
- Click on "Save Preferences" at bottom of page