Oxford Bibliographies Online: Social Work -- leading scholars identify the most important and significant sources in the area of social work they know best. The guides feature a selective list of bibliographic citations supported by direct recommendations about which sources to consult, and UC-elinks links to the cited articles and books!
Social work dictionary (5th ed.) / Barker, Robert L. Washington, DC : NASW Press, c2003.
HV12 .B37 2003
Dictionary of Psychology from Oxford Reference Online
Concise Oxford English Spanish Dictionary (also links to Spanish/English Dictionary)
Key words in multicultural interventions : a dictionary / Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1999.
BF637.C6 K493 1999
Blackwell dictionary of modern social thought / Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., c2003.
H41 .B53 2003
English Spanish Dictionary of Health Related Terms, California Mexico Health Initiative, 2005.
- Encyclopedia of Social Work, published by Oxford, from the National Association of Social Workers -- a great starting place!
- International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences. This online encyclopedia provides substantive current information about key subjects in social welfare, psychology, education and the social sciences.
- Comprehensive Handbook of Social Work and Social Welfare
- Handbook of Psychology and Corsini Enclyclopedia of Psychology
- Oxford Handbooks Online: Psychology
- Sage Handbooks of Qualitative and Quantitative Research in Psychology
- DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
- Annual Reviews in Psychology and Annual Reviews in Clinical Psychology are good starting places -- they provide literature reviews of important and emerging areas of research.
- Handbook of Social Psychology and Handbook of Adolescent Psychology