Article Databases for Poverty Literature
- America: History and Life. Indexes over 2,000 journals published worldwide on the history of the US and Canada fromprehistory to the present. Includes all key English-language historical journals; selected historical journals from major countries, state, and local history journals; and a targeted selection of hundreds of journals in the social sciences and humanities.
- Black Studies Center (BSC). Includes three modules: The Schomburg Studies on the Black Experience which includes interdisciplinary essays on the Black Experience; International Index to Black Periodicals (IIBP), a database covering some 150 scholarly and popular Black Studies journals, many of them in full text; and the full text backfile of the influential black newspaper The Chicago Defender(1910-1975).
- Chicano Database. Indexes materials about Mexican-American topics since 1967, and materials about other Latino cultures (Puerto Ricans, Cuban Americans, and Central American immigrants) since 1992. Coverage includes art, language, sociology, public policy, economics, history, literature, politics, and law.
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online). Indexes journals, books, policy briefs, working papers, and conference proceedings from research institutes worldwide related to international affairs analysis and advocacy materials. Also includes links to international affairs Internet sources.
- Contemporary Women's Issues. Indexes a wide range of journals, hard-to-find newsletters, reports, pamphlets, fact sheets, and guides covering a broad array of gender-related issues such as violence, economic development, health, the military, education, human rights, and law. Covers sources published by organizations around the world.
- EconLit. The most comprehensive index to scholarly journal articles in economics. It also lists books and dissertations, and indexes articles within 'collective works' (books consisting of collections of essays or individual papers). Most citations include a searchable abstract.
- IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research. A free bibliographic database on economics. Offering citations to thousands of full-text working papers, books and book chapters, and articles from peer-reviewed journals.
- PAIS International. Indexes books, journals, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference reports, and web sources related to public policy, politics, economics, and social issues worldwide. Includes publications from over 120 countries. Some of the indexed materials are published in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. The Archive covers English-language material only.
- PolicyFile. Index to public policy in the areas of economics, politics, the environment, and social issues, taken from reports from a wide range of think tanks, Non-governmental organizations, international governmental organizations, and other institutions worldwide.
- Sociological Abstracts. Indexes over 1,900 journals, books, dissertations, and reviews in the social sciences on sociological topics as well as selected anthropology, criminology, demography, law, social psychology, and urban development.
- Sociology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection Includes the full-text of 33 journals published by SAGE and participating societies, some journals going back 24 years. Covers such subjects as Childhood, Consumer Culture, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Labor Studies, Leisure Studies, Social Theory and Sociology of Sport.
- ProQuest Social Sciences. An interdisciplinary metasearch through 22 of the the social sciences indexes on the ProQuest platform. Includes EconLit, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS), Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, PAIS, PsycInfo, Sociological Abstracts, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts and more.
- Social Services Abstracts. Indexes scholarly and professional journals worldwide related to the fields of social work, social welfare, human services, community development, and social policy.
- Social Work Abstracts. Indexes more than 450 journals related to social work on topics such as homelessness, AIDS, child and family welfare, aging, substance abuse, legislation, and community organization.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Indexes books, journals, and dissertations within the field of political science and related to international relations, law and politics, political economy, public administration, and public policy.
Last Update: September 10, 2013 10:13