Follow these steps to organize your research.
- Go to the Paper Topic tab for tips on choosing a topic.
- Define and Deconstruct Your Topic (see the Paper Topic tab).
- Go to the Citations tab to choose a style manual for your footnotes and bibliography.
- See the Basic Resources tab to find initial information about your paper topic.
- Refine Your Topic: Using the information you have gathered, determine if your research topic should be narrower or broader. You may need to search Basic Resources again using your new, focused topics and keywords.
- See the Searching Tips tab to find books for an in-depth discussion of your topic.
- Go to the Articles tab for resources containing current and retrospective information. Use Periodical Indexes to identify articles within periodical and newspaper titles.
The Architecture 170 Bibliography Assignment Tutorial is a step-by-step guide for creating your initial bibliography and takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. At the end of the tutorial you should have an initial bibliography ready for submission.
Connecting from Off Campus?
To remotely access resources that are UCB Only or UC Only, set up the proxy server on your mobile device.
Proxy Server Setup
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID or Library PIN when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser.