Building Codes & Standards by Location
Compiled by Susan Koskinen. Maintained by David Eifler. Content reviewed: October 13, 2009.
- International building code / International Code Council. Falls Church, Va. : The Council, 2000. Formed by the union of: BOCAIL, BOCA, ICBO, the UBC and SBC.
- EnvDesign TH228.I58 Library has: 2000- . Shelved: Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating
- Engineering TH228.I58 Reference
- International one- and two- family dwelling code. [Falls Church, Va.?] : International Code Council, 1998. Continues: Council of American Building Officials. CABO one and two family dwelling code
- EnvDesign KF5701.Z9.C681 1998 -- . Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating
- International Building Code 2000 : working draft. Country Club Hills, IL :BOCA International, .
- EnvDesign K3538 .A48 1997
- MuniCode.com (City and County Codes) - National links including California and individual cities.
- Uniform building code (UBC). Whittier, Calif.
: International Conference of Building Officials, 1997-
- EnvDesign TH223.P3 Library has: 1976, 1982-- . Latest edition on Reserve; earlier edition Noncirculating
- EERC 610 I571 1997 Reference // Law Lib KF5701 .U554 Desk
- Uniform fire code. San Leandro, Calif. : Western Fire Chiefs Association, -1988.
- EnvDesign KF3975 .I58 BOUND 1973-1979, 1985- Latest edition in Reference
- Law Lib KF3975.I5 1973, 1991 ed.
- Uniform mechanical code. Whittier, Calif. : ICBO; Los Angeles : IAPMO.
- EnvDesign KF5708.I561 Shelved: Latest edition in Reference. Library has: 1976-
- Uniform plumbing code. 1997 edition, 21st ed. Walnut, Calif. : IAPMO, c1996.
- Law Lib KF5709 .I65 1997
- 2002 - all parts of the 2001 California Code of Regulations Title 24 became effective November 1, 2002.
- 2000 - the California Building Standards Commission (CBSC) voted to re-adopt the 1997 Uniform Building Code (UBC) as the 2001 California Building Code (CBC).
History of the building code in California -- see the California Building Standards Commission.
- The California Building Code, Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, is divided into 11 Parts.
Part 1 - California
Building Standards Admin Code
Part 2 - California Building Code
Part 3 - California Electrical Code
Part 4 - California Mechanical Code
Part 5 - California Plumbing Code
Part 6 - California Energy Code
Part 7 - California Elevator Safety Construction Code
Part 8 - California Historical Code
Part 9 - California Fire Code
Part 10 - California Code for Building Conservation
Part 12 - California Reference Standards Code
- California Building Code. Title 24 - Part 2. California Building Standards Commission. Whittier, Calif. : ICBO; Sacramento, Calif.: California Building Standards Commission, c1998- .
Incorporates the Uniform Building Code published by ICBO with necessary California amendments. Contains all additions, amendments and repeals affecting California code of regulations, Title 24, Part 2.
- EnvDesign KFC813 .A42 1998, 2001 -- Latest edition on Reserve; previous editions Noncirculating
- California building standards code. Title 24 - Parts 7, 8, 10, 12 / California Building Standards Commission. Whittier, Calif.: International Conference of Building Officials; Sacramento, Calif.: California Building Standards Commission.
- EnvDesign KFC813.A433 1992-1995, 1998,
2001 -- Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating.
- California building standards code. Title 24 - Parts 1, 7, 8, 10, 12. Sacramento, Calif.: California Building Standards Commission. Split into: California. California building standards administrative code, and: California. California building standards code. Parts 7, 8, 10, 12.
- EnvDesign KFC813.A431 1992-1995 // Shelved: Latest editions ref; earlier ed Noncirculating
- California electrical code. Los Angeles, CA : BNI
- EnvDesign KFC813.A2.C35 Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating Library has: 1991, 1998- .
- California energy code / California Building Standards Commission.Whittier, Calif.: ICBO. Contains California code of regulations, Title 24, part 6.
- EnvDesign KFC424.A3592 1992-1995, 1998, 2001 --Latest edition Perm Reserve; earlier editions Noncirculating.
- California fire code / California Building Standards Commission. Whittier, Calif.: ICBO; Sacramento, Calif. : California Building Standards Commission, c1998-
- EnvDesign KFC644 .A33 1998, 2001 Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating.
- California mechanical code / California Building Standards Commission. Whittier, Calif. : ICBO. Conference of Building Officials ; Sacramento, Calif. : California Building Standards Commission, c1998-
- EnvDesign KFC424 .A195 1998 Latest edition on Permanent Reserve.
- California plumbing code. Sacramento, Calif. : California Building Standards Commission, 1995-
- EnvDesign KFC816 .A4 1995-1998, 2001- Latest edition in Reference; earlier editions Noncirculating
San Francisco Codes
- San Francisco Government - The current San Francisco Building Code is not available on the Internet, to order a copy of the current San Francisco Building Code - contact American Legal Publishing Corporation.
***The San Francisco Building Codes are amendments to the California Building Codes and must be used in conjunction with them. Copies of the current California Building Code are available at UCB. [Copies of both the S.F. and California Building Codes are available at the Government Information Center of the San Francisco Public Main Library.]
- 1997 UBC earthquake regulations : 111 overview and perspective, part 2. Whittier, Calif. : ICBO, 1998.
- EERC 610 I571E 1997 pt.2
- City and County of San Francisco municipal code. Planning code. Cincinnati, Ohio : American Legal Publishing, 2001-
- Environ Dsgn KFX2351 .A6.P43 2001 Reference. Library has: v.1-2 (2001)
- City and county of San Francisco plumbing code. International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials. 1998 ed. Rochester, NY :General Code Publishers, 1998-
- UCB IGS C 305.1
- Residential building codes, affordability and health protection : a risk-tradeoff approach / James K. Hammitt [Cambridge, Mass.]: Joint Center for Housing Studies, Graduate School of Design [and] John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, .
- EnvDesign HT108.J6 W6 1999:1
- San Francisco Department of Building Inspection - information on the code
- City of Berkeley Municipal Code -- see Title 19 Buildings and Construction
- Berkeley municipal code: a codification of the general ordinances of the city of Berkeley, California : codified 1976 / revised and republished 1999 by Book Publishing Company. Seattle: The Company, 1999-
- UCB IGS C 033 // UCB Law Lib KFC1199.5.B47 A35 1999 Loan Desk
City of Oakland Codes, Maps, and Documents
- Code of Ordinances and Planning Code - building code
Municipal Code - includes Title 15 Building and Construction. Title 17 Planning (includes zoning)
- Municipal code, city of Oakland. Oakland, Calif. : The City, 1932-
- UCB IGS C 229 2v.
- Oakland municipal code. Oakland, Calif. : The City], 1932-
- UCB IGS f 83 01074
- Oakland municipal code, 1997: a codification of the general ordinances of the City of Oakland, California / edited, indexed and published by Book Publishing Company. Seattle, WA : The Company, 1997- .
- UCB IGS C 229 v.1
- Oakland planning code; zoning regulations. Ordinance no. 2748 C.M.S. as amended, adopted August 31, 1965, rev. February 1, 1972. Oakland, Calif., 1972.
- EnvDesign KFX2108.7.Z6 A3 1972 Noncirculating
- Oakland planning code : zoning regulations : Oakland, California ordinance no. 7248 C.M.S. as amended, adopted August 31, 1965, revised January 27, 1976. [Oakland? : s.n., 1976].
- EnvDesign KFX2108.7.Z6 A3 1976